Thursday 28 November 2013

Jesus update

I have some news about Jesus.

On Monday, I wrote here that the Son of God was due to reveal His Holy face at Guiseley Infants school assembly next Friday morning. 

But I was mistaken. 

As all mothers out there will be all too painfully aware, the first born can sometimes take his or her time before putting in a show. And it turns out that arrivals by Virgin birth can be even less predictable.

So, as things stand and with Jamie still as Joseph, He is now due to be born at 2.30 pm on Monday 16 December. And again at 9.30 the following morning due to parental demand. Good for Him.

Filling the void now left by the change of date (or the more likely fact that Joseph, sorry, Jamie got mixed up), we will instead be treated to what sounds like an abridged version of Jack and the Beanstalk, but I can't be sure.

What I can say with some degree of certainty is that Jamie has missed out on the coveted role of The Jolly Postman and will instead take on the slightly lesser responsibility of Sitting At The Back On A Chair.

But, as I reminded him this morning, Sir David Jason wasn't the original choice to play Del Boy and he did alright.

Plus, I wouldn't want all this thespian stuff to start turning our son a bit, you know, funny. 

Thankfully there are no signs of it happening thus far.