Sunday 22 June 2014

Yeah baby they've (still) got it


No, dear friends, your eyes do not deceive you. That is indeed Bananarama you see before you, although there's only two of them now after one left.  A Banana split, if you will.

And they were great, despite Keren - on the left and my personal favourite for more than 30 years - coming across as a touch snooty.  Perhaps her and hubby Andrew Ridgeley had a pre-show fallout.

The show I refer to was yesterday's Let's Rock Leeds one-day 80s festival.   What a laugh.

In between appearances by a string of household names such as The Real Thing and Then Jerico (what?!) there were little stunts such as mass participation karaoke.

 
And little *unts such as Chris Moyles prancing on and using swear words in front of children.


This little girl must've been forewarned.


And not all the most memorable sights and sounds were on the stage.  These ladies seemed to have a fun time on the blanket next to us.


And I met this gentleman in the toilet.


For me, though, one act stood head and shoulders above the rest.  I'm talking about Howard Jones.


I've wanted to see the Prince of Syth play live for as long as I can remember, and he didn't disappoint.

That said, whether he should be wearing a suit like that at his age is possibly an issue for debate.   I would say yes Howard, you go for it.  (It even matches his guitar keyboard thingy, which I suggest is not an accident).