Wednesday 23 December 2015

No snow - but still set for a White Christmas

Greetings from a speeding train now well on its way to Coleraine where Christmas can get going for real.


As I pointed out in a post a few days ago, it'll be our first family Christmas on this side of "the water."  We did attempt the journey in 2009 when Jamie was 18 months old.  But sadly the snow ploughs at Leeds Bradford Airport weren't up to the task.  

However, without wishing to tempt fate, all is going almost swimmingly well this time.  Our bags had enough room for our Christmas booty, our plane was on time and so is this train. The only slight blip was when the driver almost put our airport bus into a wall. But he missed, serving as a symbolic reminder of just how safe Belfast is these days. 

We're heading to my mum's in Portstewart first to get the kids settled.  And then, well, who knows?  I've always found that travelling makes me thirsty.  As does not travelling.  And Christmas.  So perhaps we'll see if we can do something about that.

Then tomorrow - in common with everyone else - it's final preparations (think lots of wrapping) and some further thirst-quenching in advance of the big day.

I know I haven't been updating this guff as often as I used to, although I am hoping to do better come 2016.  

But thank you for continuing to check in on the sporadic occasions when I have been arsed.

More importantly, I hope you have a wonderful and entertaining few days with the people who make you happiest. 

Merry Christmas from the Whites!